I’m counting down the hours until I can leave work today. We are picking up Maddie in LESS THAN 24 HOURS and I’m taking PUPternity leave next week. In case you didn’t know that when you take time off work to welcome a furry new family member (and yes I completely made it up and everyone at work thinks I’m crazy). Also, I’m probably going to have separation issues when I have to go back to work, but it’s going to be so nice to be a SAHDM (Stay at home dog mom) for the next 9 days!
The final puppy preparations that have to happen tonight are :
1. Clean-up dining room (still a mess from latest project, ie power tools everywhere).
2. Fix her crate (I built it wrong, we want the door to open the opposite way).
3. Buy her some food! She’s eating ProPlan Puppy, Chicken & Rice formula.
4. Clean out the back of the car and put her crate pad in there for the ride home.
5. Move all our jackets and boots out of the mudroom so she has limited opportunity to destroy things.
Anywho, make sure you add Maddie’s tumblog to your reader – it’s going to be cute puppy picture overload over there for the next few days.