8.6.10

A House Tour....

Do you want a little house tour?
I thought you did -
*Please excuse the terrible picture quality, I was too lazy to adjust them :)

Lets start from the outside and work our way in -

If you come in the front door, the kitchen is to your left, the living room (which they used as a dining room) to your right.
I didn't like the feeling of walking directly into the dining room so we are currently using this as the tv room (the tv is against the wall on the left of the image).

It's also got a second connection to the kitchen.  The fridge is right behind that light switch - so convenient for snacks.

The other side of the tv-room/dining room has the access to the mud room and downstairs bathroom.

There is a huge window in the mudroom-
and stone floors :

This leads into the downstairs bath (1/2)


The previous owners took the mirrors/vanity cabinets -

If we come back through the tv-room we move into the kitchen.
And through the kitchen you can see the family room and doors to the backyard:

Lets step outside for a second -
We have a tall fence and shed :) Although you can't see it all, the backyard is a decent size (for our area) and behind the fence there is a swamp pond.  The lawn needs a lot of work - that is a boy job.

Okay, lets go back inside.
And head upstairs -
At the top of the stairs, to the left is the master bedroom, to the right is the upstairs bath and bedroom #2/office and straight ahead is what we are calling bedroom #3/guestroom.
The Master: (to get these three pictures I stood in the door and rotated from left to right)
Our bed will be located between the windows on this wall.
Next up, the bath -
It's SMALL.

Again, they took the vanity - 
And there are random fish tiles in the shower -

Right beside the bathroom is the 2nd bedroom and what I'm going to be using as my office -
The floors need work in here -
On the way to the final bedroom there are built-in storage cabinets on either side of the hall.  Although right now they don't really shut (also need work).

And thats it!
Well, half of the basement is finished - but it's boring down there (and filled with stuff)....we'll save that for another day.

10 comments:

  1. YES! This was just what I needed to start my Tuesday off right. I'm so happy for you guys- it looks great! I cannot wait to see photos of the place Brennan-ified! And progress on the dog front? Your yard is looking awfully lonely! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is gorgeous!! Love those built-ins too - even if they do need work. Thankfully my parents advised us to write in the contract what the owners would and would not take. (I mean, they picked up and took a FIREPLACE with them when they left. WTH.) Oh well. I'm sure you'll find much nicer and functional vanities. That one downstairs bathroom with the dark floor looks like it has a lot of potential storage space next to the toilet too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Pink Heli – It definitely does have some bonus storage space next to the toilet (and I’ve already found a dresser on the side of the road that I am planning on refinishing to put there) – details to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOO cute! You are going to have so much fun decorating. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house is so cute! I love the ceilings upstairs and the built-ins (even if they do need a tiny bit of work). I really liked your apt, but I LOVE your house. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the built-ins. I wish we had done that. I also love all the angles in the rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joining Holly on the jealous train. Love it. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, love it, love it!! Love the wood floors, the double doors leading to the backyard, the big kitchen, etc! Congratulations, Chelsey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to see more of the backyard.

    ReplyDelete