4.6.10

Excited to do laundry....

So excited to go home and do laundry today* –

*yes, you read that correctly

Our new washer and dryer were delivered this morning!

As of right now they are just sitting in our unfinished basement, but hopefully someday they can live in a cute little laundry nook.

These are similar to what we purchased, expect we got white.  They are Samsung, because they had good reviews and were on sale :)

I feel rediculous about how excited I am right now.  Who gets excited about new appliances, esp. a washer and dryer?  Remember that scene from Mona Lisa Smile when Betty shows Joan her new washer and dryer - thats all I can think of right now.  I feel so domestic/housewifey -

I'm off to dream of all the I can buy with my quarters now.

Did you get overly excited to have your own washer and dryer?

7 comments:

  1. Dude. Congrats!!

    This is me when we moved in to our townhouse, which was the first time we ever had an in-unit set of laundry appliances.

    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v289/153/104/29409530/n29409530_34065457_9486.jpg

    Does that answer your question?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um yeah. New appliances make me giddy. I'm sad we're only down to replacing the stove and microwave now for the next 10 years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was one of the first things I did when we moved in! We also have a clothes line to hang stuff outside. Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got ridiculously excited too. And then for the first two months I threw the soap in with the clothes... until I discovered the little soap dispenser drawer... and then I got excited all over again. :)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are making me feel so much better about myself :)
    @ Pink Helli - Love the photo!
    @ LOVE the soap dispenser, if the guy hadn't shown us at the store I probably wouldn't have known about it either :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! And super jealous. Pour some detergent out for me next time you do laundry- I'll be carting my stuff down to the shared laundry tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, those are gorgeous! We are getting ready to move and I would adore those in my basement! -e

    ReplyDelete